New York Work-Related Injuries Attorneys
In the United States, one of the most important legal developments of the past century has been the remarkable expansion of workers’ rights, particularly in relation to workplace safety. Because of the considerable impact that a workplace injury can exert on a worker’s life, most injuries that occur on the job render a worker eligible for financial assistance to help them cope with the consequences.
If you’ve been injured at your place of work in New York, you are protected by workers’ rights. You may be qualified to receive financial compensation for your treatment, therapy, medical bills, lost wages and other loses. A New York City work injury lawyer at Hach & Rose, LLP will review the details of your case and will help you navigate the legal process. Our goal is to effectively represent you and your claim and we will not collect any attorney’s fees until we deliver.
Since 2002, the attorneys at Hach & Rose, LLP have represented thousands of people in New York City and all over the state of New York. Over the last 15 years, we have garnered a national reputation for excellence and are proud of the $250,000,000 we received in verdicts in settlements. Our attorneys have been rated by Super Lawyers, Michael Rose boasts a 10 point AVVO rating, Gregory Hach is a lifetime member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, our attorneys were recognized in 2017 by Best Lawyers, we are members of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, as well as America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigation in 2017 and are lifetime charter members for the Best Attorneys of America.
For more than 15 years, Hach & Rose, LLP has been a fixture in the New York Community. We view the people we represent as more than just clients, we treat them as friends and neighbors. We will work diligently to protect the rights of New York City residents who have suffered a work-related injury. If you or someone you love has been injured in the workplace, contact Hach & Rose, LLP for a consultation as we will not collect any attorney’s fees until we deliver for you. Contact us at (212) 779-0057, fill out our email form to the right of your screen, or click on the grey banner to the left of your screen to chat live with a representative.
Do I need a workers’ compensation lawyer?
After an accident or injury at work, you may be reeling with questions such as how to pay the medical bills and how long you will need to be out of work. One issue you should not have to question is whether you need an attorney to represent you.
As an injured worker, you are protected by workers’ rights. An attorney will be able to receive maximum compensation for your lost income, medical bills, pain, and suffering. We do not advise that people seek to navigate the legal system by themselves as they are significantly less likely to receive the fair and full monetary compensation they deserve.
The process of filing a worker’s compensation claim, making an appeal and venturing through the litigation process is a daunting task. Let experienced attorneys fill out paperwork, facilitate phone calls with insurance companies and handle negotiations. We guarantee we will handle your claim timely and effectively and we will not collect any attorney’s fees until we deliver for you.
Why choose Hach & Rose, LLP to handle my case?
If you need a lawyer in New York City you have countless firms to choose from. The fact is that not all attorneys deliver the same exceptional results time after time. Choosing the right lawyer will determine the outcome of your case. These are some of the factors that set Hach & Rose, LLP apart from the rest:
- Experience – Hach & Rose, LLP was founded in New York City in 2002. Collectively, our attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience. Each of our partners and associates has years of experience in several different practice areas of the law and are prepared to put forth their unmatched efforts in achieving a favorable verdict for your case.
- Track record – The lawyers at our firm have an excellent track record for handling complex cases. We have successfully obtained substantial compensation for our past clients and are prepared to do the same for you.
- Client Satisfaction – Our mission is not only to provide quality legal representation but to exceed the standard by treating our clients with sympathy and compassion. Our entire staff works to embody these principles at every step of the way. Read what our past clients had to say about our firm in their testimonials.
- Our award-winning team – The attorneys at Hach & Rose, LLP have earned a national reputation for their work on behalf of those who have suffered injuries and illnesses. Our attorneys have been rated by Super Lawyers, Michael Rose boasts a 10 point AVVO rating, Gregory Hach is a lifetime member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, were recognized in 2017 by Best Lawyers, are members of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigation in 2017 and are lifetime charter members for the Best Attorneys of America.
Our attorneys have achieved favorable outcomes for numerous clients in a wide variety of cases.
Types of Cases We Handle
The personal injury lawyers at Hach & Rose, LLP handle a variety of workers’ compensation claims. Below are some of the work-related injury case types we routinely handle at our firm:
- Slip and fall injuries – Slip and fall accidents can occur in the workplace when safety protocols are not properly implemented by employers. Failing to keep workspaces clean and clear of spills or slippery substances can create a hazardous work environment.
- Neck and shoulder injuries – Neck and shoulder injuries on the job can be the result of employers’ acting negligently in their job capacity. Incomplete or improper inspections are the primary forms of neglect that cause workers to endure these types of injuries.
- Back injuries – Back injuries occur when managers ask their staff to lift objects that are too heavy, do not adequately inform employees of proper technique or fail to provide safety advice when informing their staff on how to best implement their job duties. Back injuries are serious and can cause secondary injuries to arise. It is best to closely monitor back pain, even if you feel the pain is minor.
- Leg and knee injuries – Injury to a leg or knee can be the result of managers recklessly and insufficiently implementing safety protocols in manual labor jobs. It’s exceedingly important that employers take all necessary precautions to protect their employees.
- Head injuries – Head injuries can occur when regulations for safety are not strictly followed or when safety information or gear is not adequately provided to employees. If you have suffered a head injury on the job your employer should recommend immediate medical treatment as your condition may worsen with time if left untreated.
- Occupational illness – Occupational illness can come in many forms. Exposure to known irritants, gas or chemicals can seriously impair employees and create long-term health issues. These illnesses may not show symptoms immediately but can develop over time. It’s important to monitor your condition and seek medical advice for an occupational illness.
Even if your work-related injury is not listed here, it doesn’t hurt to set up a free consultation with Hach & Rose, LLP.
Workplace Injury Statistics
According to the New York State Department of Labor, there was a total of 209,000 cases of nonfatal occupational injuries and illnesses in 2016. Of that number, the most prevalent industries where injuries occurred were service- providing such as transportation and warehousing. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported there were 236 cases of fatal occupational injuries which occurred primarily in private industries such as construction, agriculture, and forestry. In New York City, 32% of fatal work-related injuries were the result of slip-and-fall accidents while 14% were attributed to contact with objects and equipment.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration reported 4,379 cases of fatal occupational injuries in the U.S. in 2015. This means there were more than 13 deaths every day for those on the job. Of those who died on the in 2015, 21.4% worked in construction, 38.8% died because of a fall and 9.6% were struck by an object.
These statistics reveal just how common work-related injuries are for those working in New York. That’s why it’s important that New York City area residents have a reputable law firm who will stand up to insurance companies to negotiate a fair monetary compensation for your claim.
Example Workplace Injury Results
- $13,000,000 jury verdict for operating engineer who fell from a ladder while painting
- $3,475,000 settlement for carpenter injured by fall from temporary roof
- $2,100,000 settlement for laborer struck by a Bobcat on a construction site
- $3,525,000 settlement for construction supervisor who fell from a makeshift ladder
- $6,000,000 jury verdict for woman injured while working in care facility
- $2,500,000 settlement for sheet metal worker injured when he slipped on unsecured board on construction site
- $3,200,000 for carpenter injured by fall from ladder
- $2,100,000 for operating engineer/school fireman when he fell from a poorly constructed permanent ladder
- $2,500,000 for laborer struck by a piece of falling construction debris
- $3,500,000 for stonemason who was struck by sheetrock thrown from building because there was no garbage chute present
Click here to view more results obtained by the attorneys of Hach & Rose, LLP.
The personal injury lawyers of Hach & Rose, LLP are familiar with the laws and regulations governing workers’ compensation claims in New York City. We are experienced in recovering significant verdicts and settlements for our clients and are prepared to do the same for you. Our staff knows first-hand how difficult and taxing it can be for those affected by a workplace injury to go through the legal process. We are prepared to provide you with high-quality legal representation and minimize your stress during this trying time. Contact us at (212) 779-0057, or chat live with us on our website today.