Helping Individuals Recover From Work Injuries
A New York City work injury lawyer at Hach & Rose, LLP will review the details of your case if you have been injured on the job and help you navigate the legal process. We aim to represent you and your claim effectively, and we will not collect any attorney’s fees until we deliver.
In the United States, one of the most important legal developments of the past century has been the remarkable expansion of workers’ rights, particularly in relation to workplace safety. Because of the considerable impact that a workplace injury can exert on a worker’s life, most injuries that occur on the job render a worker eligible for financial assistance to help them cope with the consequences.
Since 2002, the construction accident attorneys at Hach & Rose, LLP have represented thousands of people in New York City and all over the state of New York. Over the last 15 years, we have earned a national reputation for excellence and are proud of the $250,000,000 we received in settlement verdicts. Super Lawyers have rated our attorneys, Michael Rose boasts a 10-point AVVO rating, Gregory Hach is a lifetime member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, our attorneys were recognized in 2017 by Best Lawyers, we are members of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, as well as America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigation in 2017 and are lifetime charter members for the Best Attorneys of America.
For more than 15 years, Hach & Rose, LLP has been a fixture in the New York Community. We view the people we represent as more than just clients. We treat them as friends and neighbors. We will work diligently to protect the rights of New York City residents who have suffered work-related injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured in the workplace, contact Hach & Rose, LLP for a consultation, as we will not collect any attorney’s fees until we deliver for you. Contact us at (212) 779-0057, fill out our email form to the right of your screen, or click on the grey banner to the left of your screen to chat live with a representative.
Do I need a workers’ compensation lawyer?
After an accident or injury at work, you may be reeling with questions such as how to pay the medical bills and how long you must be out of work. One issue you should not have to question is whether you need an attorney to represent you.
As an injured worker, you are protected by workers’ rights. An attorney will be able to receive maximum compensation for your lost income, medical bills, pain, and suffering. We do not advise that people seek to navigate the legal system alone as they are significantly less likely to receive the fair and full monetary compensation they deserve.
Filing a worker’s compensation claim, making an appeal, and venturing through the litigation process is daunting. Let experienced attorneys fill out paperwork, facilitate phone calls with insurance companies and handle negotiations. We guarantee we will handle your claim promptly and effectively and will not collect any attorney’s fees until we deliver for you.
Why choose Hach & Rose, LLP to handle my case?
If you need a lawyer in New York City, you have countless firms to choose from. The fact is that not all attorneys deliver the same exceptional results time after time. Choosing the right lawyer will determine the outcome of your case. These are some of the factors that set Hach & Rose, LLP apart from the rest:
- Experience – Hach & Rose, LLP was founded in New York City in 2002. Collectively, our attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience. Each of our partners and associates has years of experience in several different practice areas of the law and is prepared to put forth their unmatched efforts in achieving a favorable verdict for your case.
- Track record – The lawyers at our firm have an excellent track record for handling complex cases. We have successfully obtained substantial compensation for our past clients and are prepared to do the same for you.
- Client Satisfaction – Our mission is to provide quality legal representation and exceed the standard by treating our clients with sympathy and compassion. Our entire staff works to embody these principles at every step of the way. Read what our past clients had to say about our firm in their testimonials.
- Our award-winning team – The attorneys at Hach & Rose, LLP have earned a national reputation for their work on behalf of those who have suffered injuries and illnesses. Super Lawyers have rated our attorneys. Michael Rose boasts a 10-point AVVO rating, Gregory Hach is a lifetime member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, was recognized in 2019 by Best Lawyers, is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigation in 2019 and are lifetime charter members for the Best Attorneys of America.
Our attorneys have achieved favorable outcomes for numerous clients in various cases.
Types of Cases We Handle
The personal injury lawyers at Hach & Rose, LLP handle various workers’ compensation claims. Below are some of the work-related injury case types we routinely handle at our firm:
Contact a New York personal injury lawyer of Hach & Rose, LLP by calling (212) 779-0057 today if you have any questions or need legal advice. Even if your work-related injury is not listed here, setting up a free consultation with Hach & Rose, LLP doesn’t hurt.
Slip and fall accidents can occur in the workplace when employers do not properly implement safety protocols. Failing to keep workspaces clean and clear of spills or slippery substances can create a hazardous work environment. Slip and fall accidents commonly occur because of oversight in cleaning or clearing off walkways. The following errors in this process may leave an employee with severe injuries from an accident:
- Failing to clear off ice or rain
- Failing to clean up chemical spills
- Failing to keep items cleared off of walkways
- Failing to clean up any leaks that could make walkways slick
These mistakes can easily lead to a slip-and-fall accident, as slick areas and items left on the ground can cause anyone to lose their footing. Considering how serious slip and fall accidents can prove in some instances, it’s particularly important for injured worker to realize their options after an accident.
Though workers in extremely physical jobs are more vulnerable to injury, many activities can increase the risk of neck and shoulder injuries. Serving food, stocking shelves, using large drilling equipment, reaching up to grab office supplies, shoveling, painting, and lifting are just a few activities that put workers at a greater risk of sustaining neck and shoulder injuries. Walking in an office can be dangerous when basic safety precautions are neglected. The following are common workplace neck and shoulder injuries:
- Fractures – Upper arm and collarbone fractures are painful and take a while to heal fully. Complex shoulder fractures can even require surgery. Neck fractures can cause permanent or partial paralysis and even be fatal.
- Shoulder Dislocation – This is a painful condition that occurs when the shoulder is dislocated from its socket, leaving workers with impaired mobility and many possible symptoms like nerve damage, muscle tears, and broken blood vessels.
- Whiplash – Especially in the commercial trucking industry, whiplash is a commonly reported injury. Whiplash is a neck injury that can cause persistent head and jaw pain and cause severe migraine headaches.
- Bursitis – Bursitis describes the painful condition of the swelling of sacs in the shoulder, which causes inflammation and loss of mobility, among other symptoms.
- Pinched nerves – Overuse or repetitive motion can cause pinched nerves in the neck, leading to a loss of mobility. Fortunately, pain associated with pinched nerves can often be cured by physical therapy and rest. In more severe cases, surgery may be necessary to relieve the distressed nerve.
- Soft tissue injuries – Rotator cuffs are muscles in the shoulder that can tear with overuse. This can be a painful injury that limits the range of the arm and makes other activities, such as sleeping or eating, uncomfortable.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries can leave victims partially or completely paralyzed. In the most serious cases, spinal cord trauma can be fatal.
You must document the issue immediately if you have a neck or shoulder injury because of your employer’s negligence.
Back injuries occur when managers ask their staff to lift objects that are too heavy, do not adequately inform employees of proper technique, or fail to provide safety advice when informing their staff on how to implement their job duties best. Back injuries are serious and can cause secondary injuries to arise. It is best to monitor back pain closely, even if you feel it is minor. Employees have the right to work in a relatively safe environment where their employer has taken all necessary steps to improve overall worker safety. If an employer fails to take these precautions, they may be held responsible for the injuries, including back injuries, which workers sustain as a result. The safety mistakes responsible for these injuries may include the following:
- Overworking employees responsible for heavy lifting duties
- Requiring employees to complete heavy lifting tasks at significant heights without assistance
- Failing to provide safety devices for employees who may sustain back trauma at work
- Failing to inspect or maintain work devices that may lead to back trauma if they malfunction
These injuries can include serious health problems, such as damaged muscles, slipped disks, or even nerve problems associated with spinal damage.
Leg and knee injuries can develop over time through the stress of repetitive motions, such as frequently lifting heavy objects or sudden, unexpected accidents that cause immediate damage to the legs or knees. Depending on your work environment, there may be several hazards that can contribute to knee or leg injuries, including:
- Trip hazards
- Uneven ground
- Falling debris
- Repetitive lifting or squatting
Safety failures should be addressed by managers or employers as soon as they are noted, or they should at least be clearly marked for workers to avoid. Failure to do so can put workers’ health at risk, leaving them needing emergency medical care for leg and knee damage.
Head injuries can occur when regulations for safety are not strictly followed or when safety information or gear is not adequately provided to employees. If you have suffered a head injury on the job, your employer should recommend immediate medical treatment, as your condition may worsen with time if left untreated. When a person sustains a head injury, they may require substantial medical care. Depending on the extent of the injury and where it occurs, a person may lose mobility, develop severe pain, and even lose cognitive abilities. An employer may be held responsible for these injuries in the following instances:
- If construction safety standards for objects at a certain height or loose objects aren’t observed
- If building and ceiling fixture safety regulations aren’t followed
- If heavy objects are stored too high for employees to safely
- If sufficient safety headgear isn’t provided when needed
Among other problems, these instances of failing to help employees stay safe may be grounds for legal action against that employer.
Occupational illness can come in many forms. Exposure to known irritants, gas, or chemicals can seriously impair employees and create long-term health issues. These illnesses may not show symptoms immediately but can develop over time. Monitoring your condition and seeking medical advice for an occupational illness is important. Many workers’ jobs put them dangerously close to potentially hazardous or unsanitary materials. If their employers fail to take the proper steps to prevent disease, these employees may suffer devastating health consequences. The following types of employer negligence have been linked with wide-ranging occupational illnesses:
- Failure to protect employees from excessive smoke or chemical gas inhalation
- Failing to provide meat packers with safety gear
- Not providing equipment to prevent dust inhalation in industries such as construction.
- Failing to provide safety gear to miners to protect them from coal worker’s pneumoconiosis (CWP), or black lung
- Not offering safety equipment to workers who handle common dermal irritants.
An employer’s or manager’s lack of action or improper safety protocol may cost an employee his or her good health and ability to stay at work.
Stairwells can be a hazardous place for workers who clean and maintain staircases, as well as workers who utilize the stairwells during the course of their workday. Workers can fall up to 12 feet down a staircase, causing multiple points of impact, and many injuries, on the way from one staircase landing to another. The building owner or property manager is responsible for maintaining safe walking conditions for all stairways. Some common stairwell fall accidents are due to the following:
- Worn or slippery surfaces, including carpeting and hardwood
- Outdoor stairs that are icy or wet
- Damaged or broken steps
- Lack of proper illumination
- Broken or damaged railings or handrails
- Dangerous, unstable, or broken risers
- Trips over items such as debris or tools
If you suffered injuries due to a stairwell fall accident at work, the building owner or another negligent responsible party may be liable for your pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages, among other expenses that may have been incurred after your injury.
Workers who service, clean or repair elevators face potential injuries or death. Even in new building construction, construction workers who work near elevator shafts before installation or those workers who are helping to install a new elevator are also at risk of catastrophic falls.
Even a seemingly minor accident may cause more serious complications months or years down the road, so it is essential to seek medical care following the incident to ensure that you do not have more severe unknown injuries or internal bleeding that are not visible. These medical records are also important to obtain when pursuing a legal case against the construction company in the future.
Window washers have inherently dangerous jobs, as they scale the side of buildings, often at extreme heights, to perform regular maintenance on buildings. Window washers face dangerous heights and wind daily as they scale tall buildings, skyscrapers, and high-rises throughout New York City, often suspended above the ground below, attached to scaffolds on ropes, or by rigging on the rooftop. Some common window washer accidents are due to the following:
- Falls due to unguarded floor openings
- Static line failure
- Malfunctioning personnel lift
- Unsecured line
- Tools and items that fall on pedestrians below
If you were the victim of an accident while washing windows due to a building owner, manager, or other negligent party’s negligence, you may be able to file a claim against the negligent party.
Whether painting a new building after it’s been constructed or a room in an apartment, retail store, or commercial construction site, painters face hazards that can lead to injuries every day due to falls, exposure to chemicals, or physical strains, among many other common injuries related to painting work. Painters commonly work on elevated surfaces, ladders, or scaffolding to perform their duties.
New York has unique labor laws that protect workers. One of these laws requires building owners or contractors on job sites to provide painters and similar workers with scaffolding, safety gear, and rigging to perform their jobs.
Some common painter accidents are due to the following:
- Slips falls, and trips on uneven ground or over debris
- Falls from ladders or scaffolding
- Exposure to chemicals
You are entitled to a safe workplace, and if you are not provided one, any injuries you may sustain are not your fault.
Workplace Injury Statistics
According to the New York State Department of Labor, there were a total of 209,000 cases of nonfatal occupational injuries and illnesses in 2016. Of that number, the most prevalent industries where injuries occurred were services, such as transportation and warehousing. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported 236 cases of fatal occupational injuries, primarily in private industries such as construction, agriculture, and forestry. In New York City, 32% of fatal work-related injuries resulted from slip-and-fall accidents, while 14% were attributed to contact with objects and equipment.
In 2017, there were 87 fatal work injuries in New York City. This falls between the high of 191 in 1993 and a low of 56 in 2013 and 2016. In 2017, 5,147 people were killed in workplace accidents nationwide.
These statistics reveal how common work-related injuries are for New York workers. That’s why it’s important that New York City area residents have a reputable law firm who will stand up to insurance companies to negotiate fair monetary compensation for your claim.
Work-Related Injury Articles
Workplace Injury Results
Settlement for a construction supervisor who fell from a makeshift ladder injuring his back.
Settlement for a stone mason who was injured when another worker threw a piece of sheetrock out a window striking him on the ground below.
Settlement for a carpenter who was injured after falling from a temporary roof.
Settlement obtained for a carpenter who was injured in a fall at work.
Settlement amount obtained for a member of sheet metal workers local who was injured when he slipped and fell on an unsecured board at a construction site.
Settlement for a worker who was injured when a piece of construction debris fell from a building.
Settlement for a laborer struck by a Bobcat on a construction site.
Settlement for a school fireman who was injured when he fell from a poorly constructed permanent ladder.
Contact UsThe personal injury lawyers of Hach & Rose, LLP are familiar with the laws and regulations governing workers’ compensation claims in New York City. We are experienced in recovering significant verdicts and settlements for our clients and are prepared to do the same for you. Our staff knows first-hand how difficult and taxing it can be for those affected by a workplace injury to go through the legal process. We are prepared to provide you with high-quality legal representation and minimize your stress during this trying time. Contact us at (212) 779-0057, or chat live with us on our website today.
Excellent lawyers! Top notch!!!
Great lawfirm, with some truly amazing people working. Treat you like family even if that means tough love sometimes. Honest, professional, and thorough. I'll be back if ever needed.
I have worked with Ms. Constance Cooper on a number of cases and I have quite literally never met an attorney who gets as invested in a case as Ms. Cooper. She is passionate about getting her clients exactly what they deserve and is willing to put in any amount of time, effort, and research to ensure a case is handled not just with professionalism, but with perfection.
Hello folks, I hire this company in 2021 but because It was a hit and run which the company had to find the person (thank goodness I took a picture of the car plate) who did this and everything else it took time. The staff were prompt kept me informed on what was going on with my case. Mr. Rose personally called me quite often within the time frame to advise on the stages of my case which was favorable. I would highly recommended this company for representation you will not be disappointed!
Thank you mike rose!
Amazing group. Will fight for you.
Great Service, Recommended.
A Very Great Law Firm Thank You "Jon Connery"
Everything was handled incredibly professionally and all expectations were more than exceeded.
Had the greatest experience with these guys. They're honest lawyers, a rare find in NYC.
GREAT LAWYERS they REALLY work for they’re clients. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND for anyone who needs representation.
Helpful during the entire process, and Very informative. Helped through entire process and answered any questions I had!
This law firm is the best they are customer service oriented, they treat their clients like gold
I will keep it simple ,great law firm, I truly recommend them,
Mike Rose is a very trustworthy person. Can't think of anybody I'd prefer to represent me.
Hach and Rose was very professional in helping me handle my legal issues. Nothing was ever too difficult for them. Thanks guys!
Hach and Rose was very professional in helping me handle my legal issues. Nothing was ever too difficult for them. Thanks guys!
unbelievable team of lawyers who made my settlement as easy and smooth as possible. I definitely would recommend this firm.
Very nice people to deal with and Dave was very easy to work with he did a great job on my case.
Wonderful staff! Really respectful, nice, and honest attorneys. The waiting room always smells amazing!
Professional, Caring and Honest David Chevri was my Lawyer and at no point did he not answer my questions or concerns I would highly Recommend Hach & Rose to anyone
Michael and his team are amazing! They helped me in the best way possible. Thank you!
best decision picking hach &rose to represent they got me the money that i deserve and they stood on top of my case.i would recommend anyone to use Hach&Rose
I WAS SO HAPPY WITH HATCH & ROSE, LLP !!! THEY MADE IT EASY TO COMMUNICATE WITH, IF I HAD A QUESTION OR NEEDED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THEM THEY WERE RIGHT THERE EVERY TIME !! THEY MADE THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE SMOOTH. THE BEST , PLEASE GIVE THEM A CHANCE YOU WILL NOT BE UPSET.
Hach and Rose was very helpful to my family. They were very repsonsive whenever we needed them. i couldn’t recommend them more
My Family and I, have found Hach & Rose to be very professional, and responsive in their assessment , showing great care and concern.
Amazing was able to close my case before trial and got me more than I wanted.
Hack and Rose .the best in every way!!!!!! My brothers for life. Sfc. Perry f. Marchigiani. 221 Dunwoodie st Yonkers New York 10704 914/760/3670 thank you to all at Hack and Rose
I wanted to stop and take the time to say Thank You For Handling My Case with Care. I truly appreciate the time put into my case and I appreciate you all being patient with me throughout the process.
All I can say is Mr Rose and his entire team are amazing. I never had to worry about are things being handled properly or have any doubts in their ability in handling my case.