Hach & Rose, LLP Can Help if You Have Lost Someone Due to Negligence
Contact the New York wrongful death lawyers of Hach & Rose, LLP, at (212) 779-0057 to speak with a qualified member of our knowledgeable legal team about the details of your situation and learn more about what we can do to help you.
Nothing could be more painful than the loss of a beloved family member. Aside from the emotional support and companionship that may have been provided by a deceased loved one, there are many cases in which a family may have been financially dependent upon the individual. While nothing can possibly make up for this type of loss, financial compensation may be available for immediate family members in this situation to help pay for the costs of funeral expenses, medical care, and other consequences of this tragedy.
Why Choose Us?
If your loved one has died because of the negligence of other person or party, you have the right to take action to hold them accountable. But wrongful death claims can be extremely complex. The laws in New York that govern wrongful death claims are complicated. For this reason, if you are seeking restitution for the wrongful death of a loved one, you should retain solid legal representation from a qualified New York-based attorney.
At Hach & Rose, LLP, our personal injury attorneys have 100 years of combined experience in representing wrongful death victims. Often family members do not have the resources or skills to legally hold someone responsible for the death of a loved one. We will handle the investigation and construction of your claim and do the legal legwork for you so that you can take time to mourn properly. Our wrongful death attorneys will conduct a thorough analysis to determine which factors led to your family member’s death. We can also calculate the appropriate and fair compensation you are owed. You and your family don’t have to face this challenging time alone. At Hach & Rose, LLP, our compassionate attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. We believe the price of hiring a lawyer should not prevent you from getting the justice you are owed. Speak with one of our wrongful death attorneys today to learn more about your rights and legal options. Contact us at (212) 779-0057, chat with us live, or fill out a contact form to schedule a consultation with us today.
Cases We Handle
The death of a family member is a heart-wrenching experience. In wrongful death cases, the feelings of loss are compounded with the realization that the death could have been prevented. Either because of negligence or intent, another person’s actions took the life of a loved one from your family. At Hach & Rose, LLP, our wrongful death attorneys have represented surviving family members who were suffering from a monetary injury incurred by an unexpected death. Our experience has taught us that a wrongful death case can arise out of different circumstances, such as the following:
- Medical Malpractice: We trust medical professionals to provide a quality standard of care. If a careless medical professional violated this standard of care and caused a loved one to die, you have the right to take legal action. Negligent care on the part of a medical provider which caused a death can be grounds for a lawsuit.
- Car Accident: Thousands of people in New York die each year in car accidents. Sadly, many of these tragic accidents could have been prevented by acting with caution and care. If a reckless driver is responsible for the death of a loved one, you are entitled to seek compensation.
- Drunk Driving Accident: The decision to get behind the wheel while intoxicated is reckless and illegal. Tragically, these thoughtless individuals are more likely to be in an accident, and these accidents are often fatal. Seek legal guidance and representation at once if you have lost a loved one in a drunk driving accident.
- Nursing Home Abuse: We depend on nursing homes to care for the ones we loved the most. The worst cases of abuse and negligence can threaten the lives of vulnerable and fragile residents. You have the right to recover damages from abusive or negligent nursing home staff and administrators.
- Slip and Fall: Property owners have a duty of care to ensure the safety of others who use their establishments. You are entitled to hold careless property owners accountable if the worst happens, and a death was caused by inadequate maintenance or negligent oversight of their property.
Our legal team has the knowledge and resources to work toward a positive resolution for your wrongful death case. The wrongful death attorneys at Hach & Rose, LLP are only a phone call away.
Wrongful Death Video FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
At Hach & Rose, LLP, we have litigated countless wrongful death claims and are ready to fight for you and your family. Under New York state law, only certain people can file a wrongful death claim. Also, the court will only allow the recovery of certain types of damages. Our wrongful death attorneys have written down some of the most common questions and answers to what you may be wondering:
What is a wrongful death lawsuit?
When a person or entity (such as an automobile manufacturer) causes the death of another person, the survivors may bring a wrongful death lawsuit. However, before you can recover damages, you must prove: 1) that you are a statutory beneficiary of the deceased; 2) that the person’s or entity’s actions caused your loved one’s death; 3) that monetary damages were the result of your loved one’s death.
Who may file a wrongful death claim in New York?
In New York, only the “personal representative” of the deceased person’s estate can file a wrongful death claim. Unless a family member is also a personal representative of the deceased’s estate, they cannot bring a wrongful death claim to court in the state of New York.
However, a wrongful death claim may seek damages on behalf of the deceased person’s family members or beneficiaries. If the wrongful death suit wins and damages are awarded, then the court will grant the award to the personal representative in trust for the surviving family members to whom the award belongs.
What is the statue of limitations for a wrongful death claim in New York?
The time limit to file a wrongful death claim is two years. This means you have two years to file a wrongful death claim, starting from the date of the death. The court will refuse to hear your case if you do not file your wrongful death claim within the allotted time. Time is of the essence in wrongful death cases. Immediately seek the legal advice of a local wrongful death attorney if you are attempting to file a wrongful death claim.
We have the knowledge and experience to help you navigate through this tough time from beginning to end. Our wrongful death attorneys will work aggressively to seek the full compensation for your case. At Hach & Rose, LLP, we strive to ensure that our clients know every detail of their wrongful death case. Moreover, our compassionate attorneys will not ask for payment until we win recover your damages. The price of quality representation should not prevent you from seeking justice. Our firm is devoted to removing any obstacles that may stand in the way of your case. Speak with one of our legal professionals today.