tag tag

Over $500 Million Recovered

Free Confidential Case Review, No Fees Unless We Recover For You

(212) 779-0057
What To Do If You’re Injured At Work

If you've been injured in an accident or on the job, the attorneys of Hach & Rose, LLP have the knowledge, skills, and experience required to hold the party responsible for your injury accountable.

Last Updated: 02-08-2022
Last Updated: 02-08-2022
Written by: Michael A. Rose and Gregory Hach

What To Do If You’re Injured At Work

Posted on Monday, December 2nd, 2019 at 1:30 pm    

Man with injured back and boxesSustaining an injury at work is always a possibility, especially for laborers who carry out physically demanding tasks on a daily basis. According to the United States National Safety Council (NSC), “every seven seconds, a worker is injured on the job.” This means that each year, an average of approximately 4.6 million workers sustain work-related injuries — amounting to a whopping total of 104 million lost production days in the United States. Some of the most common types of work injuries include:

  • Injuries from overexertion, such as strains or sprains due to repetitive motion or handling heavy objects
  • Injuries from falling objects or other types of contact with heavy-duty industrial equipment
  • Injuries from being caught in or compressed by machinery
  • Injuries from being crushed or trapped within a collapsing structure
  • Injuries from slips, trips, and falls

Unfortunately, many people sustain injuries because of workplace hazards and unsafe conditions. In too many cases, workers end up being taken advantage of by employers and insurance companies alike. If you have been injured at work, here are some steps you can take to ensure your well-being.

  • Seek medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible.
  • The medical provider might have you sign an A-9 form before treating you. This form states that you might be responsible for paying medical bills if the claim is rejected by the Workers’ Compensation Board, or if you do not pursue a workers’ compensation claim.
  • Inform your boss as soon as possible. If you are pursuing a workers’ compensation claim, you only have thirty days to formally notify your employer of your injury in writing. After this time period, you may lose your rights to worker’s compensation benefits.
  • If you are pursuing a workers’ compensation claim, fill out a C-3 form, then send it to your nearest Workers’ Compensation Board office. You have two years to file a claim, starting from the date of the injury. If you do not file a claim within this time, you may lose your right to benefits.
  • If you are filing a personal injury claim, it may be extremely beneficial for you to seek legal advice. Only a professionally trained attorney can help you with the details of a complex personal injury case.

Contact a New York Work Injury Lawyer

If you or someone you love has been injured on the job, you are undoubtedly going through a frightening time. Injuries, medical bills, and recovery costs can be overwhelming for anyone to deal with. At Hach & Rose, LLP, we want you to know that you do not have to go through this alone. Our skilled team of attorneys will help you understand your rights and seek fair compensation, either through a claim for workers’ compensation benefits or through a personal injury claim. Call us at (212) 779-0057 to discuss your rights.

Our Office:

Hach & Rose, LLP, 112 Madison Ave,

10th Floor, New York, NY 10016

Conversion Pixel