New York Slip and Fall Lawyers
Most people don’t always consider a slip, trip, or fall to be a serious concern, but slip and fall accidents are one of the most common ways that Americans hurt themselves each year. For this reason, property owners who fail to keep their premises safe for others, causing slip and fall accidents to occur, may be held liable for their negligence. At Hach & Rose, LLP, an attorney will review the details of your case.
In some cases, injuries resulting from slip and fall accidents require only minor care, but in many other instances, these injuries can be much more serious, potentially resulting in life-altering consequences. Our entire legal staff will work diligently to ensure you feel well informed during the legal process. Our attorneys will represent you and your case effectively. We only collect attorney’s fees once we deliver desirable results for you.
The attorneys at Hach & Rose, LLP have represented people in New York City and all over the state of New York since 2002. Over the last 15 years, we acquired a gleaming reputation across the nation. We’re especially pleased with the incredible settlements and verdicts we’ve been able to get for our clients. Our attorney Michael Rose has an AVVO Rating of 10, and Gregory Hach is a lifetime member of the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. The attorneys at our firm are members of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, are Super Lawyers, and in 2017 received the recognition as Best Lawyers.
Hach & Rose, LLP has been one of the top New York firms for the past 15 years. We make sure that our clients are treated with the utmost respect, we work hard to ensure they get the justice that they deserve following an accident. We will work tirelessly to protect the rights of New York City residents who have suffered slip and fall accident caused by another party’s negligence. If you or someone you cherish has been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for related losses. Contact the New York slip and fall lawyers of Hach & Rose, LLP, for a consultation as we will not collect any attorney’s fees until we deliver for you. Contact us at (212) 779-0057, fill out our email form to the right of your screen, or click on the grey banner to the left of your screen to chat live with a representative.
Do I need a slip and fall injury lawyer?
If somebody else’s negligence caused your slip and fall injury, you’re probably reeling with questions as to how you can move forward. One question you shouldn’t even have to consider is whether or not you need a personal injury lawyer to review the facts of your case.
The negligence of another party should not have caused your injury in the first place. An experienced attorney will be able to work to secure the compensation you need to cover your lost income, medical bills, and pain and suffering. Those who attempt to go through the legal system alone usually do not receive the compensation that their case merits. We discourage people from attempting to handle their claims without an experienced attorney by their side.
It can be overwhelming to try to get the compensation you deserve while also recovering from a serious injury. A compassionate attorney at Hach & Rose, LLP can carry out the difficult tasks required to win the compensation and peace of mind for your case. Contact us today to discuss how we can help you with your claim.
Why choose Hach & Rose, LLP to handle my case?
You have numerous personal injury firms to choose from in New York City. However, not all attorneys are able to deliver excellent outcomes consistently. The outcome of your case relies on the experience and skill of the attorney representing you. The following characteristics set Hach & Rose, LLP apart from other New York firms:
Experience: Founded in New York City in 2002, the attorneys Hach & Rose, LLP have experience in numerous practice areas. Our attorneys have over 100 years of collective experience and ready to dedicate their efforts and knowledge towards your case.
Track Record: At Hach & Rose, LLP, we have acquired incredible results for our clients. We will be able to utilize the thousands of cases we have worked on to acquire a verdict that you’ll be satisfied with.
Client Satisfaction: The entire legal staff at our firm works together to provide the highest quality legal services to our clients. Read our past clients’ testimonials to hear what they have to say about our sincere approach to providing legal representation.
Our award-winning team: At Hach & Rose, LLP, we have successfully represented hundreds of clients injured from slip and fall accidents. Our attorneys are members of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100, lifetime charter members for the Best Attorneys of America and members of America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigation in 2019.
Types of Cases We Handle
The personal injury lawyers at Hach & Rose, LLP handle a variety of slip and fall injuries. Below are some of the most common causes of slip and fall injuries:
- Slick flooring: Unfortunately, falls due to slick flooring are exceedingly common. Employees, housekeepers, and staff at any place of business are expected to mark wet floors clearly as part of standard safety protocols. We do not tolerate excuses for wet flooring that has been left unmarked or insufficiently labeled.
- Loose or uneven carpeting: A safe environment entails that features of the building are up to code and free of potentially dangerous areas. Negligence comes into play when the owner or employees are aware of the loose or uneven carpeting and either do not attempt to fasten the carpet down or do not put up signs for visitors or guests as a warning. Victims of such mistakes are protected and an experienced personal injury lawyer can determine liability for such a case.
- Cracked sidewalks: Falling on the pavement as a result of a cracked sidewalk can cause severe ankle, knee, and leg injuries. A property owner is required to keep sidewalks reasonably safe and free from potentially dangerous accidents from occurring. It can be difficult to track down who is liable for an injury that occurred on public sidewalk although an experienced attorney can help determine who is at fault for such an accident.
- Insufficient lighting: Buildings and sidewalks must be properly lit for guests and visitors. An injury sustained as a result of poor or insufficient lighting is not something we take lightly as it is entirely preventable. Building and property owners maintain the responsibility of keeping well-lit corridors, sidewalks, and rooms as part of their standard safety protocols.
- Debris or other walkway obstructions: Obstacles such as construction equipment, cleaning supplies or miscellaneous items like boxes or crates should always be kept clear from pathways. To knowingly leave an item that could be tripped over is to act negligently. We are prepared to protect your claim in the event you fell as a result of obstructed walkways.
Slip and Fall Statistics
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, falls accounted for 5% of job-related fatalities for women and 11% of fatalities of men. The National Floor Safety Institute reported that the leading cause of hospital emergency visits at 21.3% was due to falls. Slips and falls were reported to be the number one cause of workers’ compensation claims and are the primary cause of lost days from work.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration reported that the common causes of spills from wet products on walking surfaces are water, mud, grease, oil, food, and blood. Dry products that cause surfaces to become slippery are dust, powders, wood, granules, and plastic wrapping. Common causes of trips include “uncovered hoses, cables, wires, or extension cords across aisles or walkways.” Crumpled carpets, irregulars in walking surfaces, changes in elevation, and irregular steps are also common causes of trip injuries according to OSHA.
The CDC reports that each year more than 300,000 people sustain hip fractures from falls. The report reveals that fall rates among older Americans has been rising substantially, increasing nearly 30% in the last decade.
These statistics reveal just how common slip and fall injuries and deaths are in the United States. For this reason, it’s exceedingly important that New York City area residents have a reputable law firm who will research your case, determine liability and negotiate a fair monetary compensation for your claim.
The personal injury lawyers of Hach & Rose, LLP have successfully prevailed in slip and fall claims in New York on behalf of their clients and are ready to provide the same results for you. We’re especially sympathetic towards those who have suffered a slip and fall injury and understand how daunting and overwhelming the legal process may seem. Our legal staff is experienced in providing exceptional representation to our clients.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a slip and fall accident on another party’s property, you may be eligible for financial compensation to help pay for medical bills, income lost from time spent recovering, and other considerations. Contact the NY personal injury attorneys of Hach & Rose, LLP to discuss your case with a knowledgeable member of our legal team. At Hach & Rose, LLP, we will not collect any attorney’s fees until we deliver for you. Contact us at (212) 779-0057, fill out a contact form, or chat live directly from our website.