Having a union-friendly lawyer who understands and respects unions is important if you are part of a union. The attorneys at Hach & Rose, LLP have over 100 years of experience representing union members in various capacities. For union members, there is often strength in numbers. But employers may still try to take advantage of your labor or attempt to restrict your rights or benefits. An attorney who is familiar with New York labor laws will ensure that you receive the treatment and benefits you are legally entitled to.
Attorneys can help union members achieve many different goals.
Besides fighting for compensation following a workplace injury, personal injury attorneys can also:
- Organize union campaigns
- Handle labor union negotiations
- Fight wrongful termination/discharge
- Demand retirement benefits and unemployment claims
- Represent employees in benefits law disputes
- Handle sexual harassment claims
- Handle arbitration of various employee grievances.
- Represent employees in front of the National Labor Relations Board
- Represent unions in Department of Labor Investigations
- Represent unions or employees in collective bargaining negotiations
What am I entitled to as a member of a New York union?
According to a bill recently signed by Gov. Cuomo:
- Union members who pay their dues receive protection of benefits even when they take leave
- Public employers must notify the appropriate union of a new hire and provide the employee’s contact information to the union.
- Workers’ compensation in the event of a workplace accident
Contact a New York union lawyer
If you’re in a union and have been injured, contact a union-friendly lawyer from Hach & Rose, LLP. We have decades of experience helping union workers fight for their rights, and we’ll fight for you to get the compensation you deserve following your accident. If you have any questions or aren’t sure what your next steps should be, call us at (347) 318-9604 or reach out online for a free consultation.