New York City Soft Tissue Injuries from Car Accidents Lawyers
Soft tissue injuries are among the most common kinds of injuries that victims of car accidents experience. If you have sustained soft tissue injuries in a car crash that was someone else’s fault, you deserve to recover compensation for your expenses and losses. The attorneys of Hach & Rose, LLP can advocate on your behalf to hold those at fault for your injuries accountable. We will work to obtain the financial recovery you need and deserve.
With over a century of combined legal experience, our attorneys have the know-how to assist clients with even the most complicated car accident claims. Our legal team is prepared to do what it takes to protect your rights and interests and get you the best outcome possible in your case. We will stand by your side at each stage of your case, vigorously negotiating on your behalf to try to reach a fair settlement or taking your claims to court if needed.
After you’ve suffered soft tissue injuries in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, reach out to the New York City car accident lawyers of Hach & Rose, LLP at (212) 779-0057 today for a free initial case evaluation. We’ll talk about how our attorneys can help you recover compensation for your expenses and losses.
Why Choose Hach & Rose, LLP?
When you suffer soft tissue injuries from a car accident, you deserve experienced, dedicated, compassionate legal representation to help you through this difficult period. At Hach & Rose, LLP, we understand the difficulties of recovering from soft tissue injuries. We believe that you should not have to pursue accountability and justice alone. Our attorneys will handle all the details of preparing and pursuing your claims for compensation, so that you can focus on your treatment and rehabilitation and on getting back to normal life.
Our firm has decades of experience representing injured victims of car accidents. We also have extensive resources to help us investigate and prepare even the most complex car accident claims. And we know the delay and denial tactics that insurance companies use to try to pay you less than the fair and full compensation you deserve. We will fight as hard as necessary to secure accountability and financial recovery for the soft tissue injuries you have suffered.
What to Do After Being Injured in a Car Accident
Following a car accident, you should take steps to protect your rights to pursue financial recovery for soft tissue injuries and other harm and loss that you suffered in the crash. These steps include:
- Document the accident scene by taking photos and video, ideally immediately after the crash. Try to record details such as vehicle damage, skid marks on the road, traffic signs and signals, and weather/lighting/traffic/road conditions.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible to have your injuries diagnosed and to start treatment. Follow the treatment instructions your doctors give you.
- Keep copies of records of your expenses, as well as your income statements if you miss work.
- Start a journal to document how your soft tissue injuries adversely impact your quality of life.
- Reach out to a car accident attorney from Hach & Rose, LLP to discuss your rights and options and the next steps to take in pursuing your claim.
Types of Soft Tissue Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Examples of soft tissue injuries that can occur in car accidents include:
- Ligament sprains and tears
- Muscle and tendon strains and tears
- Bone fractures
- Joint dislocations
- Herniated spinal discs
- Internal organ damage or perforation
Compensation You May Be Entitled to for Soft Tissue Injuries Suffered in a Car Crash
If you sustained soft tissue injuries in a car accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation for expenses and losses you incurred due to your injuries. A compensation award in a car accident claim may cover:
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, prescription drug costs, purchases of medical devices and equipment, and physical/occupational therapy
- Costs of long-term care if you suffer permanent disability due to soft tissue injuries
- Lost wages/income from missed work during recovery
- Loss of future earning ability and employment benefits if you cannot return to work after the accident
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Lost enjoyment and quality of life due to disabilities
Frequently Asked Questions
Car accident victims who suffer soft tissue injuries commonly ask questions such as:
How much does it cost to hire a car accident attorney?
At Hach & Rose, LLP, we represent car accident victims on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not have to pay any money upfront to hire a lawyer for your case. We are paid only when we win compensation for you in a negotiated settlement or at trial.
How long will my car accident claim take?
The length of time that a car accident claim will take to resolve depends on multiple factors, including the severity of the injuries you suffered in the crash, whether you are still treating or rehabilitating your soft tissue injuries, the insurance coverage applicable to the claim, and whether fault for the accident is being contested. A settlement might be reached in your car accident claim if you have finished treating your injuries and the other party doesn’t contest liability. However, if it becomes necessary to go to court or to trial in your car accident claim, it can take as long as several years to reach a conclusion to the case.
Can I still recover compensation for soft tissue injuries if I was partially at fault for the accident?
Yes. New York follows what is known as the comparative fault/negligence rule. Under this rule, an injured plaintiff is not barred from pursuing a claim for recovery even though they share responsibility for causing their own injuries. However, the compensation that an injured plaintiff recovers in a personal injury claim may be reduced in proportion to the plaintiff’s share of fault for their injuries and losses.
Contact Hach & Rose, LLP for Help Recovering from Soft Tissue Injuries Sustained in a Car Accident
If you sustained soft tissue injuries in a car wreck, call Hach & Rose, LLP at (212) 779-0057 or fill out our contact form for a free, no-obligation case consultation. Our attorneys can help you understand your legal rights and options and what you can expect throughout your car accident claim.