Text Us

Can I sue the government if injured by a government employee?

Historically, claimants filing against the government were blocked by a legal rule known as sovereign immunity. This rule kept anyone from suing the government unless the government allowed the suit to continue. However, the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) removed this legal blockage. Under the FTCA, a person injured by a federal employee may be able to file a claim against the government for the opportunity to win compensation for their injuries and suffering. There are some unique rules and regulations for claims against the government, though.

If you’ve been injured because of a government employee’s negligence, you may be entitled to file a claim against the government. However, there are many special rules for these claims, meaning that you should likely consult with a knowledgeable legal advisor first. To discuss your claim in more detail, contact a New York personal injury attorney of Hach & Rose, LLP, by calling (212) 779-0057 today.

SEO for Lawyers