Spotlight on John A. Blyth
Mr. Blyth is a partner at Hach & Rose, LLP practicing in the fields of personal injury, mass torts, and complex civil litigation. He handles all types of catastrophic injury cases, including those involving motor vehicle crashes, premises liability, elder neglect and abuse, construction injuries, medical malpractice, product liability, and wrongful death. He performs all aspects of the litigation from the pre-trial phase up to, and including, trial. Mr. Blyth litigates cases throughout New York and New Jersey and manages the firm’s New Jersey practice group.
John A. Blyth, Partner
Mr. Blyth has extensive courtroom experience and has tried numerous cases in both state and federal courts. In addition to his trial record, Mr. Blyth’s litigation skills have been instrumental in obtaining many settlements in excess of $2,000,000, and have successfully mediated dozens of cases that have settled in excess of $1,000,000.
Mr. Blyth is a volunteer with the Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program, an organization that offers free representation to veterans who have filed appeals at the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. As a volunteer attorney, Mr. Blyth provides pro bono legal assistance to unrepresented veterans or their family members for appeals involving claims for VA disability benefits.
Mr. Blyth is humbled to be able to represent individuals who often come to him at one of the most difficult times in their lives. He is devoted to helping his clients obtain justice and secure full and fair compensation for the harm they have suffered.
Mr. Blyth was selected to the New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars list in 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 in recognition of his exceptional litigation work. He became a partner with our firm in January 2023.
Verdicts + Settlements
- Recovered $3,300,000 following five days of trial for a mechanic who fell in the course of his employment.
- $3,200,000 for a union electrician who suffered burn injuries after coming into contact with a live power line on a construction site.
- Recovered $2,000,000 following a bench trial in the Court of Claims on behalf of a CUNY student who suffered a back injury that required surgery after falling through a computer chair.
- Won a $600,000 verdict for a man who injured his foot after stepping off of an NYC Transit bus in Queens.
- Won a $525,000 verdict for a construction worker and father of seven who suffered an exacerbation of pre-existing spinal injuries when he tripped on demolition debris.
- Won a $350,000 verdict following a 7-day jury involving an elderly woman who was assaulted in her NYCHA apartment building due to a security guard’s negligence.
Admitted to the bar:
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Federal court in New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A.
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Federal Bar Council
- Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program