New York City Construction Accident Lawyers
Construction sites can be extremely dangerous, and accidents at these sites can happen suddenly and without warning. Unfortunately, these accidents can leave people seriously injured and struggling to cope with the consequences of their injuries. For this reason, compensation may be available through a personal injury lawsuit to those who find themselves in this difficult situation.
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury in a construction accident, whether as a worker on one of these sites or as a passerby, you may be eligible to take legal action to pursue compensation for your medical bills and other losses. At Hach & Rose, LLP, our team of experienced legal professionals has the knowledge and skill in New York construction law necessary to help you move on with your life from damaging accidents and injuries. Contact our New York City construction accidents attorneys at (212) 779-0057 to discuss your case and learn more about your options for seeking compensation after accidents occur.
Common NY Construction Accident Injuries
In some cases, construction accidents may cause little or no harm. Unfortunately, many construction accidents can cause terrible injuries, leaving anyone on or even near a construction site struggling to recover. However, it is important to remember that you are not alone. A skilled New York construction accidents lawyer at Hach & Rose, LLP, can help you fight for the compensation you need to cover medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering resulting from injuries incurred through construction site accidents. Some of the most common construction accidents we pursue compensation for involve:
- Falling Hazards – Construction sites often contain materials and equipment on scaffolds and rooftops. If not properly secured, these objects can fall onto workers below, potentially causing traumatic brain injury (TBI) accidents, other serious injuries and accidents, or even death.
- Unsafe Work Site – Construction sites require constant maintenance in order to prevent worker accidents. If this important maintenance is not done, construction sites can pose serious hazards to the health and safety of workers. Debris and equipment, for instance, can cause slip and fall accidents if left out in the open, potentially causing workers to suffer neck or spine injuries, broken bones, head injuries, or even death.
- Scaffolding Problems – Scaffolding must be inspected, maintained, and secure at all times. Faulty scaffolding can lead to catastrophic injury accidents or death. Even in less serious circumstances, scaffolding accidents may permanently affect a worker’s ability to earn a living wage.
- Vehicle Accidents – Forklifts, cranes, and other construction vehicles can harm workers if not used or maintained properly. Injuries that vehicle accidents may cause include broken bones, dismemberment, and death.
- Crane Collapse Accidents – When improperly set up, maintained, or operated, cranes can cause devastating accidents due to cargo loss or total collapse. However, New York victims of crane collapse accidents may be entitled to financial compensation beyond workers’ comp in order to cover the full extent of their damages.
These and other common New York construction accidents can result in lifelong pain and other consequences. Fortunately, an attorney with experience in construction litigation at Hach & Rose, LLP, can assist you in filing a lawsuit so that you might receive compensation from harmful accidents. We are also prepared to help you better understand a variety of complicated construction law topics, including those related to:
- Property Owner and General Contractor Responsibility for Gravity Related Injury
- Construction Accident Law
- Construction Liens
- Construction Liability
- Construction Defects
- Construction Lawyers
- Finding the Right Construction Accident Lawyer
- Evaluating a Construction Law Firm
To learn more about how our experienced and dedicated attorneys can help you recover from accident injuries by pursuing compensation in the wake of a construction accident, contact Hach & Rose, LLP, today.
Example Construction Accident Results
- $13,000,000 jury verdict for operating engineer who incurred injuries from falling off a ladder while painting
- $3,475,000 settlement for carpenter injured in accident by fall from temporary roof
- $2,100,000 settlement for laborer struck by a Bobcat on a construction site
- $3,525,000 settlement for construction supervisor who fell from a makeshift ladder
- $6,000,000 jury verdict for woman injured while working in care facility
- $2,500,000 settlement for sheet metal worker injured when he slipped on unsecured board on construction site
- $3,200,000 in compensation for carpenter injured by fall from ladder accident
- $2,100,000 in compensation for operating engineer/school fireman when he fell from a poorly constructed permanent ladder
- $2,500,000 in compensation for laborer struck by a piece of falling construction debris
- $3,500,000 for stone mason who was struck by sheet rock thrown from building because there was no garbage chute present
Click here to view more compensation results obtained by the attorneys of Hach & Rose, LLP from accidents.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a construction accident, we may help you get the compensation you need. Contact the New York personal injury lawyers of Hach & Rose, LLP, by calling (212) 779-0057 today.