New York Slip and Fall Lawyers
Property owners have a responsibility to those who visit, work, or live on their property to address slip and fall hazards. As these serious safety concerns can lead to very serious injuries, such as head wounds or permanent spinal damage, it is critical that a property owner take all necessary precautions and actions to address any potential slip and fall hazards. When they fail to do this, causing an innocent person in New York to be hurt, our New York slip and falls lawyers at Hach & Rose, LLP, believe they should be held accountable for their negligence.
Medical expenses, lost wages, and non-financial factors like ongoing pain and suffering come at a high price to victims and their families. Our lawyers make sure that negligent property owners and all other liable parties are held accountable. Though many slip and fall injury victims make a full recovery, this is simply not the case for everyone. No matter how severe your injuries are, you shouldn’t be left to shoulder the financial burden of your injuries when someone else is responsible. Reach out to our lawyers today at (212) 779-0057 to speak with a member of our team about your case.
Why Do I Need An Attorney?
Since slip and fall cases happen suddenly, the process of identifying all contributing factors can be complicated. Your lawyer will gather information and build a compelling case to prove that the at-fault party failed to maintain a safe environment.
To best support your claim, an attorney will learn the facts of your case, conduct an investigation, and when necessary, reconstruct the events leading up to your injury. A skilled lawyer will have the resources needed to investigate and research building codes, federal and local law, and insurance or medical coverage. Your lawyer will apply their experience and law firm’s resources to fight for the best possible outcome.
Without the support of an attorney, you may not be able to build a convincing case regarding the property owner’s culpability. No matter how severe your injuries are, if you cannot prove that another party was responsible for your injuries, you will ultimately not have access to the financial resources you deserve.
Why Hach & Rose Attorneys?
Though many lawyers throughout New York have handled slip and fall cases, few firms bring the same wealth of experience to the table as the lawyers of Hach & Rose. With over 100 years of combined experience, our attorneys have handled many slip and fall cases and are intimately familiar with what it takes to secure you the compensation you need.
We are also a large firm with considerable resources. Our team knows how insurance companies, hospitals, apartments, stores, or venue owners react when charged with negligence in a slip and fall case, we and are ready to fight on your behalf.
Our attorneys operate on a foundation of empathy and compassion because we understand the difficulty and chaos that serious injuries introduce. By managing your legal affairs, the Hach & Rose attorneys fight to bring you the justice and compensation you deserve while you focus on your health and ongoing recovery.
Our firm offers comprehensive personal injury services to our clients on a contingency fee basis, which means that our fees are directly dependant upon our attorneys winning you the maximum possible settlement for your injuries. We work under this pricing model because we believe that, no matter your financial standing, you deserve skilled legal representation.
After we win your case, we charge a fee that is fair and reasonable for our investigative efforts and legal practice. Above all, we fight to win cases because we are passionate about supporting our community. We treasure relationships with our clients and are driven to help them through an emotionally and physically painful time.
Slip and Fall Cases We Handle
In an instant, a slip and fall injury can change your life. Though our lawyers can’t undo the pain you’ve already endured, we can fight for compensation commensurate with your injuries. Common types of slip and fall injuries include:
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI) or Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – According to the National Floor Safety Institute, slip and falls are the second largest cause of spinal cord injuries. These injuries can cause lasting paralysis.
- Fractures – Though slip and falls commonly cause bone fractures among all age groups, the National Floor Safety Institute estimates that 87 percent of fractures in adults over 65 are the result of slip and falls incidents. This high proportion points to the common nature of slips among older adults and the potential for serious injuries.
- Upper body injuries – Strained muscles, neck, back, and shoulder injuries are all common outcomes of slip and fall incidents. These vary in severity but are often accompanied by significant pain and discomfort.
- Knee and ankle injuries – Many slips result in sprains which leave victims with sustained pain and impaired mobility.
- Death – According to the Center for Disease Control, unintentional falls are a leading cause of death among adults older than 65.
Any of these injuries can require long-term medical attention to take care of lasting damage. In the wake of a fall, many people need painful and costly physical rehabilitation. Seek a settlement today if you or your loved one has been injured by a slip or fall, so that you can begin to heal and be compensated for your losses.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you’re hurt, we know you have questions. Excellent service and communication are integral to our practice. We are here to offer you answers and support when you need it most. Read over some of our frequently asked questions and get in touch with us today at (212) 779-0057 to discuss your case.
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur?
Slip and fall incidents can happen anywhere. However, the following locations are the most common places that they occur:
- Private residences – Homeowners have an obligation to provide a safe environment for visitors. Staircases, cluttered areas, or holes outside the property can all pose a serious risk to guests.
- Retirement homes and hotels – Guests and residents should be able to move through these locations withouth any hazards or obstacles.
- Public gathering spaces – Movie theaters, sports arenas, and stadiums accommodate hundreds of people. These venues can be full of substantial obstacles for guests, including crowded ramps and staircases.
- Workplaces – According to the National Floor Safety Instituteore than 85 percent of workers’ compensation cases are trip and slip claims that take place in offices.
- Stores – Unfortunately, when managers or property attendants fail to quickly address dangers, shoppers commonly slip and fall in stores. Store operators are liable in these cases, as they are required to respond to hazards by posting adequate signage after such a spill or blockage.
- Restaurants – Guests should not have to encounter any spilled food or beverages while eating out at restaurants. A large proportion of slip and fall cases take place in restaurants where owners have failed to clean up restaurant messes.
Victims of slip and fall accidents caused by a property owner’s negligence may be entitled to pursue compensation for their injuries, which can help them combat the high financial burdens these injuries often create. Additionally, in taking legal action against a reckless property owner, a person can achieve a sense of justice for the undue harm that has been done to them.
What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slip and fall accidents are often avoidable, as property owners can take some important steps to prevent these dangerous incidents from happening altogether. By keeping a watchful eye over maintenance and clean-up needs on their property, owners may be able to keep their residents, guests, or employees from being injured due to the following concerns:
- Ice, rain, and hail on walkways
- Grease or wax on the ground
- Failing to properly mark off areas that may be slick due to maintenance or cleaning
- Trip hazards on sidewalks or walkways
- Broken or poorly designed stairs
Unfortunately, when these hazards are not addressed, they can easily lead to slip and fall accidents, which often cause the victims to suffer from serious injuries, such as bone fractures or head trauma.
When Should I Call a Lawyer?
For the strength of your claim, you should reach out to a lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner you contact an attorney, the sooner they will be able to begin investigating your situation and building a strong case. However, at the very least you should file your claim within three years of your slip and fall incident. If you fail to take action within this time period, you will most likely be unable to pursue compensation for your injury-related expenses.
Contact a Slip and Fall Attorney in New York
If you have sustained an injury in a slip and fall accident, our lawyers at Hach & Rose, LLP, may be able to help you pursue the compensation you need. Through a successful premises liability claim, you and your household may be granted the compensation you need to cover medical bills, out-of-pocket costs, and even wages lost during treatment and recovery. To find out how we can potentially fight for you and your interests, call (212) 779-0057 today.