New York City Driver Error Lawyers
All motorists have a duty to drive safely and avoid an accident whenever possible. If a driver’s mistakes violate this responsibility, they may be held legally liable for whatever injuries they cause as a result of their negligent or reckless actions. For the victims of these accidents, this liability can prove important, as it may help them recover the costs of medical bills, out-of-pocket expenses, and even wages missed during treatment and recovery.
If you or someone you love has sustained an injury in a car accident that was caused by a driver’s poor judgment, we may be able to help with the process of filing a personal injury claim after the accident. For a free consultation regarding how to prepare for a car accident claim, contact the New York driver error attorneys of Hach & Rose, LLP, today by calling (212) 779-0057.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
When another driver makes an error behind the wheel that causes an accident, it is important to contact a New York driver error attorney who can help you determine who was at fault. Legally, fault is defined as “negligence,” which means that the driver who caused the accident had a duty to drive with reasonable care, breached that duty by committing a driving error, and directly caused your injuries as a result of that error. While this may sound simple, these cases are never easy, especially if you are recovering from injuries. An experienced driver error lawyer from Hach & Rose, LLP will help you through each step of your claim so that you can get the compensation you deserve. We will thoroughly explain the legal process so you understand your rights and options, but ultimately your attorney will handle all of the hard work for you, leaving you to focus on your recovery.
An area of frustration that you will likely encounter in any kind of auto accident is having to deal with an insurance company. Insurance companies use techniques designed to settle cases fast and cheap. Their main goal is to remain profitable, and this is a job they do well. If an insurance company settlement offer comes your way very quickly after an accident, it is probably too low to cover the medical bills you will ultimately incur from your injuries. Although it may be tempting to accept a fast and easy offer, always consult an attorney first.
It is never a good idea to go up against the insurance companies alone, and you don’t have to. This is where a New York driver error attorney can step in and aggressively advocate for your interests. With extensive experience in these types of cases, our team of car accident lawyers at Hach & Rose, LLP knows how to deal with the insurance companies because we interact with them all the time. We want any settlement offer to reflect your needs so that all of your medical bills and other damages regarding this accident – now and into the future – are covered. Our legal professionals also know how to properly compute damages in your case so that you have a better understanding of what your future medical bills and other damages will be. This allows us to go back to the insurance company with a strong position so that you get the maximum compensation owed to you by law.
Why Choose Hach & Rose, LLP?
If you are the victim of an accident caused by driver error, Hach & Rose, LLP has the trustworthy New York driver error attorneys that you want on your side. We work with you, the insurance companies and the at-fault driver’s lawyers to recover compensation for your medical bills, your damaged vehicle, time lost from work, and other damages. While we work together, will make sure that you get the treatment you need to make the best possible recovery.
With more than 100 years of combined legal experience at Hach & Rose, LLP, our team of dedicated legal professionals has helped thousands of injury victims towards full recoveries and successful case outcomes. Our lawyers are regularly recognized by Super Lawyers, which is an organization that applies a 12-criteria system to rank attorneys. Super Lawyers selects only the top 5% for recognition. This level of achievement shows that Hach & Rose, LLP attorneys and staff are esteemed among our legal colleagues, our clients, and the New York community as a whole. You are entitled to the very best legal representation for your claim, and that is exactly what you will receive from Hach & Rose, LLP.
When you work with an attorney on your claim, it can be easy to feel lost in the hustle of legal proceedings. At Hach & Rose, LLP, we ensure that our clients receive an elevated status; we give every client the personal attention that you deserve. We are always available to answer your questions and we make sure that you are fully informed every step of the way. As a firm, we hold our lawyers and staff to the highest moral and ethical standards, and we will always treat you and your family with the respect that you deserve. We know that you are dealing with enough stress recovering from your injuries and trying to get your regular life back, so at Hach & Rose, LLP we want to make sure that your experience with us is pleasant.
Negligence and Recklessness on the Road
Many motorists are injured because of a preventable mistake made by another driver. These instances of negligent or reckless behavior on the road may include the following:
- Failing to heed a stoplight or stop sign: By running a red light or stop sign, inattentive or rushed drivers are putting themselves and others in danger. Collisions frequently occur at intersections and in a city as densely populated as New York, pedestrians are at risk of serious injury when directions to stop are not obeyed.
- Failing to yield at a yield sign: It is important for drivers to closely obey yield signs. Such signage is put in place to ensure the proper flow and right of way in traffic. Failing to yield when, for example, entering a highway can cause severe high-speed collisions.
- Falling asleep or not paying attention: Driving while distracted or asleep can be very dangerous since drivers must remain attentive to safely operate a vehicle. Sleeping drivers can easily lose control of their vehicle and cause severe damage to themselves, others, and property.
- Texting while driving: Texting while driving is not only dangerous, it is illegal in New York City. The city and law enforcement have recognized the dangers of texting while operating a vehicle, and doing so can carry fines and other penalties. According to the National Safety Council, each day, nine people in the US die in crashes involving distracted drivers and over a thousand are injured.
- Recklessly speeding: Controlling a vehicle at higher speeds can be difficult. Speeding not only increases the likelihood of an accident, but it also makes potential injuries far more severe when a collision occurs.
- Weaving through traffic: This aggressive form of driving can be very dangerous especially in New York’s often crowded streets. By weaving in and out of traffic, drivers greatly increase the risk of an accident with their erratic behavior. Other drivers will not be able to predict their movements and respond safely and frequent lane changes will increase the chances of an accident.
- Failing to obey right-of-way laws: Right of way laws exist to protect everyone making use of the roadway by clarifying whose turn it is to go. Failing to follow these rules, for example when a car does not yield to a pedestrian, can cause severe injuries.
- Failing to check blind spot when changing lanes: To perform a lane change drivers must be fully aware of their surroundings, this means not only checking the car’s mirrors, but also the car’s blind spot. Failing to do so can cause dangerous collisions, especially when driving on the highway.
- Following too closely: So-called tailgating, or following another vehicle too closely, constitutes unsafe driving. Drivers must maintain a minimum distance between their car and the vehicle in front of them so that in the event of the first car stopping, an accident can be avoided.
In many cases, injured individuals will need immediate medical attention and treatment. The resulting bills can prove to be too expensive for many households to handle, making some form of compensation particularly crucial for their financial stability. Driver errors contribute significantly to car accidents in New York. Both insurers and your attorney will work to investigate the cause of your accident. While accidents can be caused by uncontrollable circumstances, it is important to fully understand the cause of your accident so the responsible party can be held accountable for their carelessness. Getting on the road can be dangerous. Drivers have a legal duty to those around them to stay attentive, follow the law, and drive carefully to maintain their own and other’s safety.
These thoughtless errors may leave a motorist in need of emergency medical care and potentially with a need for long-term treatments to address more severe injuries. This medical attention can prove too expensive for many households to handle, making some form of compensation particularly crucial for their financial stability.
Driver error may cost you your good health, the expenses associated with an injury, and your wages during treatment and recovery. However, there may be legal action available to pursue financial compensation for these losses and expenses. For more information about how we may be able to assist you in filing an injury claim, contact a New York driver error lawyer of Hach & Rose, LLP, at (212) 779-0057 today.