Auburn, NY (November 9, 2018) – A mishap concerning hazardous and toxic materials took place Friday morning, November 9, and resulted in the closure of a city block in Auburn. The accident was reported to have occurred at a building located at 54 Orchard Street between Baker Street and Jefferson Street.
Chenango, NY (November 6, 2018) – In an unsafe property accident, a ramp collapsed outside of a clothing bank in Chenango on Monday afternoon, November 6, subsequently injuring two people. The accident was reported to have occurred outside of Project Concern on Kattleville Road at around 1:15 p.m.
Babylon, NY (November 2, 2018) – A home that was under construction in Babylon collapsed with six workers inside on Friday morning, November 2. According to authorities, the home was in the process of being raised when it suddenly collapsed on the workers at approximately 9:30 a.m.
A new client testimonial has been posted on our testimonials page. The grating on Hugh McCormack’s fire escape was not properly built, leading to him suffering a serious fall injury. Watch the video below to see his story.
If you have been hurt in an accident, call the New York personal injury attorneys of Hach & Rose, LLP to learn more about your legal options.
New York resident Jessica Pyne filed a lawsuit against coffeehouse chain Starbucks Corp. in the Harris County 215th District Court on October 12, 2016. In the lawsuit, the plaintiff is alleging that she suffered burns to the lower half of her body when a barista spilled a hot cup of coffee on her in the Starbucks at the George Bush International Airport.
According to Pyne’s lawsuit, she was at a stopover at the Bush Airport on October 13, 2014, when she got off her plane and went to the airport Starbucks to buy a coffee. She then claimed the barista managed to spill a cup of hot coffee on her lower extremities, burning her legs, ankles, and feet. Pyne also claims the Starbucks management did not extend any form of assistance or remuneration to her after the incident.
Our attorneys at Hach & Rose, LLP, who provide legal services to our clients in the state of New York, handle personal injury accident cases involving premises liability and product liability, among others. Call our offices today at (212) 779-0057 to learn more about your legal options.
Recently, Brooklyn’s John Ericsson Middle School 126 has finally been cleared of its Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) contaminated soil.
The middle school’s perimeter had tested positive for the presence of PCBs back in 2011. It was suspected that buildings that experienced construction work between 1950-1977 could have been exposed to the toxic substance due to the caulk used during that time. John Ericsson Middle School was found to have more than the acceptable limit of PCBs in 4306 square feet surrounding the building along its perimeter. The removal project costing $520,000 took nearly a month to complete as approximately 320 cubic yards of soil was removed from the premise.
PCBs are a known carcinogen that has been linked to causing cancer in many citizens across the nation. Despite this, New York City Department of Education claim that there should be no health concerns involving the contaminant. Toxic substances can be located in even the most unsuspecting places. They often lack a distinct scent or any other outward indication of its presence. If you or someone you love has been exposed to toxic substances, contact Hach & Rose, LLP today at (212) 779-0057 to learn more about your legal options.
A Bronx Supreme Court jury in New York awarded $2,500,000 to James Register, who slipped and fell over a 2-inch rise in the sidewalk in front of 1890 Lexington Avenue in Manhattan. Register incurred multiple fractures to his nose and suffered from a concussion as a result of his fall.
The defendants, KNW Apartment LLC and Urban American Management, LLC, were already issued a citation three years ago by the City of New York, which ordered them to make proper repairs to the defect. Fixing the defect would have cost the companies a mere $18,000. A different victim tripped over the same sidewalk rise in 2015 and was also hurt, though that victim sustained less extreme injuries.
Contact the New York City personal injury attorneys at Hach & Rose, LLP by calling (212) 779-0057 or fill out our online contact form if you wish to immediately connect with one of our qualified attorneys. We can handle your personal injury accident case and further the safety of the five boroughs.
The National Transportation Safety Board recently stated that the cause of a fatal natural gas explosion last year in New York was due to a poorly welded gas line, USA Today reported on June 9.
The accident, which occurred on March 12 of last year, resulted in the deaths of eight people and injuries of 50 others. A sewer leak apparently undermined the gas line, 60% of which was found to not be properly welded. The solvent used to clean the area was alcohol, which is not the most effective substance.
The contractor in charge of the welding, a worker with Consolidated Edison, had credentials that expired a month before working on the project in December 2011.
Another issue that contributed to the explosion was lack of response time. According to reports, people smelled gas the night before the explosion but did not report it in time.
Our attorneys at Hach & Rose, LLP, in New York serve clients who have been injured due to the negligence of another person or party. Call us at (212) 779-0057 today to discuss your case.
United States District Judge Charles Siragusa in Rochester, New York denied a claim put forth in December by nine southern New York homeowners that their drinking water had been contaminated by gas drilling, the Bellingham Herald reported.
The claim was filed against Colorado-based Anschutz Exploration Corp., who had established gas drilling half a mile from the homeowners’ residences.
The homeowners claimed in the lawsuit that mud and methane were found in their water after Anschutz’s first gas well was completed. However, Anschutz field experts came up with laboratory analyses that showed the methane found in the residents’ water wells did not come from the geological formation tapped by their gas wells.
Court documents also showed that Department of Environmental Conservation inspector Joseph Yarosz stated in his final deposition that Anschutz complied with all permit conditions after having inspected the two gas wells over 50 times as they were being constructed in the town of Big Flats in 2010.
We at Hach & Rose, LLP, work diligently to help our clients obtain the financial compensation they need after becoming victims of personal injury accidents because of the negligent or irresponsible actions of other parties. Call our offices today at 866-LAWS-USA to speak with a capable member of our legal team.
As winter weather takes hold across much of the United States, New York property owners have a significant responsibility to keep their properties safe and free of winter dangers like ice and accumulated snow. Property owners who allow dangerous conditions to exist on their property could be held responsible for injuries suffered by guests or visitors. Learn more by clicking here.
« Previous 1 5 6 8 Next »