Weeksville, Brooklyn, NY – Update: Three Critical Among Eleven Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Incident
Weeksville, Brooklyn, NY (February 25, 2019) – On Sunday morning, February 24, NYPD, FDNY, and EMS were called to the scene of a carbon monoxide leak that left several people injured. Original reports stated that six people were hospitalized, one critically; however, new information has changed that number to eleven people injured and three critically.
The incident was reported to have taken place at around 7:45 a.m. at a three-story residence located on Lincoln Place. Authorities immediately evacuated all residents from the building and transported the injured victims to Brookdale Hospital, where three people have been listed in critical condition. The other victims were stated to be suffering from minor injuries.
According to authorities, the high levels of carbon monoxide were measured at 450 parts per million; symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning will manifest after prolonged exposure to only 100 parts per million. The last word stated that the building was still being vented. A faulty furnace pipe is currently believed to be the cause of the incident, although police are likely to be continuing their investigation at this time.
This article has been updated. The original story can be found here.
Exposure to Toxic Substances in New York
Carbon monoxide poisoning is a very serious issue that often goes unnoticed by many individuals, and our genuine sympathies are extended to the critically injured victims, as well as the others who were hurt in this incident. Exposure to toxic substances in New York is commonly caused by a mechanical malfunction or other circumstance out of the victims’ control, and lawsuits are a frequent result.
At Hach & Rose, LLP, we understand that there is nearly nothing as challenging as recovering from a sudden injury. Our dedicated and compassionate New York accident attorneys are here to fight for the compensation you deserve and to answer any questions you may have at this time. If you have suffered injuries due to toxic substance exposure caused by malfunctioning equipment, or any other reason due to another party or entity, please call 212-779-0057 today.
Note: Secondary sources were used to create this piece and, because of this, the information included has not been independently verified. If you notice a factual issue with our posting, please bring it to our attention and we will correct or remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Our intent in these posts it to bring attention to the dangers members in our community face and to encourage caution. Accidents do happen and we hope these posts help those affected. However, this information should not be misconstrued as legal or medical advice, and we urge you to contact a trained legal professional for more information regarding your specific situation.