Rochester, NY – Worker Hospitalized After Exposure to Gas Leak
Rochester, NY (December 12, 2018) – A level one hazmat situation was reported to have occurred early on Wednesday morning, December 12, that resulted in the hospitalization of one worker. The mishap was stated to have happened at around 1:21 a.m. outside of a building on McKee Road.
According to authorities, a worker had been outside of a building located on the aforementioned road when a chlorine gas leak broke out. The Rochester Fire Department arrived on the scene along with emergency medical personnel to assess the situation and render aid to the worker.
The worker was reported to have been transported to a local hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. The condition of the injured worker is stated to be stable at this time. Authorities said that the gas leak was under control and isolated by 2:39 a.m.
An investigation into this incident is likely to be ongoing at this time.
New York Workplace Accidents
Our sincere sympathies are currently with the injured victim of this accident as we hope for their full recovery, first and foremost. Workplace accidents in New York, particularly those classified as a hazmat situation, can often result in terrible injuries and life-long health complications. It is absolutely essential to be aware of your rights as a victim following such an occurrence.
At Hach & Rose, we understand that accidents in the workplace happen all-too-often, and we are here for you 24/7 to answer any questions you may have. Even minor injuries can become life-threatening after accidents such as this one, and you cannot be too careful when it comes to your health. If you have sustained any type of injury in a New York workplace accident, please do not hesitate to call 212-779-0057 and let our experienced attorneys go to work on your behalf today.
Note: Secondary sources were used to create this piece and, because of this, the information included has not been independently verified. If you notice a factual issue with our posting, please bring it to our attention and we will correct or remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Our intent in these posts it to bring attention to the dangers members in our community face and to encourage caution. Accidents do happen and we hope these posts help those affected. However, this information should not be misconstrued as legal or medical advice, and we urge you to contact a trained legal professional for more information regarding your specific situation.