Posted on Sunday, June 9th, 2019 at 12:12 pm
Stafford, NY (June 9, 2019) – Around 9:00 a.m., crews were called to the scene of a house fire that took place on Horseshoe Lake Road and led to smoke inhalation.
The Genesee County incident took place on Thursday morning. Police say that the cause of the fire is not immediately known but that it might have originated from the kitchen.
One person was at home at the time and heard a loud bang before they noticed the fire. Firefighters were able to save the home but nobody is able to live in it at this time.
The woman was treated at the scene of the incident for smoke inhalation.
One cat tragically died due to the fire. Firefighters are looking into the possibility that a space heater started the fire.
Fires and Explosions in New York
First and foremost, we would like to extend our most sincere and warmest thoughts to the victims involved in this fire, with hopes that they will recover during this difficult time. We would also like to thank the firefighters who were present at this fire and put their lives on the line every day in the midst of New York fires. We want you to understand that, as the victim of a fire in New York, you have rights to compensation under the law.
Many people forget that fires commonly start due to the outright negligence of other parties on our roads. If you have been injured in the midst of a serious New York fire, you have many rights and we are here to support you 24/7 in your ventures and personal injury claim. Please reach out to us at 212-779-0057 for more information on how we can assist you at this time.
Note: Secondary sources were used to create this piece and, because of this, the information included has not been independently verified. If you notice a factual issue with our posting, please bring it to our attention and we will correct or remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Our intent in these posts it to bring attention to the dangers members in our community face and to encourage caution. Accidents do happen and we hope these posts help those affected. However, this information should not be misconstrued as legal or medical advice, and we urge you to contact a trained legal professional for more information regarding your specific situation.