Posted on Friday, April 19th, 2019 at 11:47 pm
Yonkers, NY (April 19, 2019) – A total of eleven people, including children, were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning after a leak broke out at a two-family home on Friday morning, April 19th. The incident occurred inside the two-story home in the area of Coyle Place and McLean Avenue at approximately 8:30 a.m. when responders were dispatched to the scene due to reports of unconscious people inside the house.
After emergency crews arrived at the scene, they discovered eleven people suffering from various gradations of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to police. Fire officials stated that six of the eleven people injured were children. Each of the victims was immediately removed from the home and promptly transported to NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi and Westchester Medical Center.
All eleven victims are believed to recover from the incident as they are currently undergoing treatment. The cause of the leak is believed to be a faulty gas heater and the home has been ventilated and shut down as the investigation continues.
Exposure to Toxic Substances in New York
Carbon monoxide poising is an extremely serious issue that occurs more often than many may think, and our deepest sympathies are extended to all eleven victims during this difficult time. We maintain our highest hopes for their full recoveries at this time. Serious instances of exposure to toxic substances in New York are a common occurrence, and it is important to understand that, as the victim of a personal injury, you may have significant rights at this time.
Our compassionate New York accident attorneys at Hach & Rose are here to fight for the compensation you deserve and to answer any questions you may have at this time. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries from exposure to a toxic substance due to a defective product, malfunctioning equipment, or any other reason beyond the victims’ control, please call 212-779-0057 today.
Note: Secondary sources were used to create this piece and, because of this, the information included has not been independently verified. If you notice a factual issue with our posting, please bring it to our attention and we will correct or remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Our intent in these posts it to bring attention to the dangers members in our community face and to encourage caution. Accidents do happen and we hope these posts help those affected. However, this information should not be misconstrued as legal or medical advice, and we urge you to contact a trained legal professional for more information regarding your specific situation.