New York Motorcycle Accidents Attorneys
Motorcycles are one of the most popular alternatives to automotive transportation currently available. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are exposed to significant dangers when they share the road with cars and trucks. This is because, unlike most motorized vehicles, motorcycles have few safety features to protect their riders from suffering a serious injury in the event of an accident. As a result, motorcyclists often experience significant injuries in accidents that would be minor to other vehicles.
Motorcycle accidents can occur in a considerable number of ways. In some cases, they may simply be an unforeseeable result of unfortunate circumstances. However, many motorcycle accidents are preventable, and in far too many instances, motorcycle accidents occur because of the reckless or negligent actions of another party. Fortunately, when this type of accident occurs, motorcyclists may be entitled to pursue compensation for any damages they incurred.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are a number of different ways that motorcyclists may be involved in an accident due to another party’s negligence. The following are some of the most unfortunately common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Drunk driving
- Driver error
- Road defects
- Defective motorcycle parts or design
These and other factors can place motorcyclists at substantial danger of suffering a serious or even life-threatening injury through no fault of their own.
Example Motor Vehicle Accident Results
- $8,000,000 jury verdict for passenger on motorcycle involved in collision with car
- $2,300,000 jury verdict for pedestrian struck by New York City Transit Authority Bus
- $995,000 arbitration award for husband and wife in automobile accident
- $1,350,000 settlement for man injured in collision with tractor trailor
- $2,225,000 settlement for client in car accident
- $1,700,000 settlement for motorcycle driver in collision with car door
- $2,500,000 settlement for motor vehicle occupant involved in workplace accident
- $2,178,000 jury verdict for union member involved in a car accident
- $1,300,000 settlement during trial for woman involved in intersection collision
- $500,000 settlement for young woman struck by automobile
Click here to view more results obtained by the attorneys of Hach & Rose, LLP.
If you or someone you know has suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else, you shouldn’t have to cope with the consequences on your own. Contact the New York motorcycle injury attorneys of Hach & Rose, LLP, today by calling our offices at (212) 779-0057 to speak with a qualified legal professional about your situation and learn more about your rights and options in this unfortunate circumstance.